Thursday, August 13, 2009

Why I Love Mike

This afternoon, Mike had a friend from work over for a couple of hours. Joey was in a good mood, and actually laid on the floor and played for a while. At one point, I looked up from my work, and Joey was playing with toys and would look up at the TV from time to time. Since no one else was in the living room, I changed the TV to Noggin, you know, just so I'd feel better that my 4.5 month old was watching TV. Ha ha. Anyway, he eventually got cranky, so I put him in his crib for a nap, but didn't change the TV. Mike and his coworker were talking in the kitchen, and I was milling around and cleaning. When I was doing dishes, I heard Mike go, "I'd never leave my kid with that guy." 

Immediately, I think Yo Gabba Gabba is on, so I peer around the pantry to take a look. And it's Blue's Clues. Really? He wouldn't leave our child with the Blue's Clues dude? I didn't ask why - frankly it's funnier to me if I don't know.  

6 comments:

Jenn/Momma said...

Was it Steve or Joe? In my opinion, one smells more like a perv than the other...

Annie said...

Oh, hmm, I didn't know there were two dudes! When I looked at the TV, it was Steve.

Jenn/Momma said...

Oh yeah, he's the one. Joe is much better. :)

Annie said...

Oh you're kidding! LOL!m

Meghan said...

1. Love the new blog logo!

2. Mike cracks me up

3. After reading this I went to see if we have Noggin and we don't.

Ben said...

meh... let the kid watch Alien. dad did that with me when we first got a VCR... remember when that thing came out of the guy's stomach? Yeah.